The Priefert RC98AI has a laser Eye that detects the presence or absence of an animal in the chute. When a steer is released with one push of a button, the laser detect his absence. While ropers are roping, the headgate closes automatically, the the tailgate automatically opens allowing the next steer to enter. Once the steer is detected in the chute, the tailgate shuts and the chute is loaded and ready to go.
In case of power loss the roping chute can be operated manually. Our standard “delay” feature allows time to position horses and get ropes ready after the “open” button is pushed but before the front gate is released. Once the delay timer on the back of the automatic box is set to run, it is activated by pressing the remote control. Delays for releasing steers can be set from 3 to 30 seconds by adjusting the dial settings. Laser can be deactivated if preferred.
- Priefert Roping Chutes and accessories are the number one choice of professional ropers and top organizations.
- Priefert Roping Chutes are the Official Chute of the PRCA, the National Finals Rodeo, the USTRC, the Priefert World Series of Team Roping, the NTRL, the George Strait Team Roping Classic, the BFI, and many more major roping organizations and events.
- Priefert’s Fully Automatic Roping Chute takes efficiency to a whole new level and is ideal for the practice arena because it virtually eliminates the need for extra chute help.
- All Priefert roping chutes are specifically engineered to be as quiet as possible. The unique braking system used to control the front release gate is set to virtually eliminate noise prevalent with competitor chutes.
- The front release breaking system also “deadens” the gate as it pops to the full open position, with no backlash to potentially cause the steer/calf to hesitate upon exit.
- A quiet opening chute is important so that horses can be properly trained to queue off the rider’s command and not by the sound of banging head gates.
- The built in Laser Eye detects the presence or absence of an animal in the chute.
- A button on the back of the control box allows the user to choose between Fully Automatic and Semi-Automatic Mode. When the “Automatic” light is on, the chute is in Fully Automatic Mode, and when it is off, the chute is in Semi-Automatic Mode.
- In Fully Automatic Mode, the roper pushes a single button on the remote to release the steer/calf. When the chute is empty, the Laser Eye activates the closing of the front gate. After this gate is closed, the split tailgate opens automatically to allow the next steer/calf to enter the chute. Once the animal has entered, the Laser Eye detects that the chute is loaded and it closes the tailgate. This lets the roper to return to the box with a steer/calf loaded and ready for the next run.
- In Semi-Automatic Mode, the roper or chute help pushes a single button to release the steer, a second button to close the headgate, and individual buttons for both opening and closing the tailgate.
- A dial on the chute’s control box can be set to delay the opening of the chute from 3-30 seconds after the remote button is pushed. This allows the roper to prepare for the run after pushing the release button.
- Our preprogrammed Remote Control unit is compact and easily fits in a pocket or in the leather belt clip case (sold separately).
- The RC98AI features contoured sides that narrow at the bottom to discourage animals from turning around in the chute.
- With a 14” inside width at the bottom, this chute can be used for both steers and calves.
- The bottom of the chute is sheeted to reduce the possibility of leg injuries.
- In manual mode, the spilt tailgate can be opened from either side of the chute and operates without ropes, pulleys or knee-knocking levers.
- An Architectural Grade Powder Coat Finish with UV inhibitors adds years of life to your investment by helping the product resist rust, scratches, and fading.
- A 110 volt electrical outlet and a compressor (not included) capable of producing 90-100 lbs of air pressure and 3.2 CFM are required to activate the chute’s automatic headgate and tailgate. Both electrical and air lines may be buried underground and run to the chute location.
- Most ropers prefer to set the compressor in a place away from the pen or even put the compressor in a nearby building or insulated dog house to minimize sound.
- In the event of a power loss, the RC98AI can also be operated manually.
- Bottom panels are constructed from galvanized sheet metal to provide extra protection against corrosion and rust, extending the life of the chute.
~ Specs ~
- Overall Height: 68”
- Overall Width: 36”
- Inside Width at Top: 30”
- Inside Width at Bottom: 14”
- Overall Length: 86”
- Weight: 491 lbs (All weights approximate)
- Architectural Grade Powder Coat Finish
- Color: Priefert Blue
- A 110 volt electrical outlet and a compressor (not included) capable of producing 90-100 lbs of air pressure and 3.2 CFM are required to activate the chute’s automatic headgate and tailgate
- Draws 5 amps of electricity at peak
- Air Compressor required (Not Provided) requires 110v outlet and 100psi
- Dip Painted Priefert Blue, Length: 86″, Width: 36″, Height: 68″, Weight 491lbs
- Recommend; 4 gallon storage and 1.5hp air compressor to produce 3 cfm
- Inside width at bottom: 14″. Inside width at top: 30″ Draws 5 amps of electricity at peak