Our Roping Chutes are the quietest, most durable chutes on the market. This chute’s easy fingertip squeeze release, spring-assisted opening, and improved breaking system ensures that every roper gets the same release of the steer or calf every time with no adjustments required. The split tailgate eliminates ropes, pulleys and knee knocking levers, and an updated tailgate linkage allows for an even longer lasting chute. Both the front release gate and the tailgate can be operated from either side of the chute, either from the ground or from horseback. The competition chute also includes front access windows to provide easier access for putting neck ropes on livestock, and it is longer to allow more room for chute help to get in and “push” cattle.
The Priefert name has become synonymous with today’s roping industry. Priefert Roping Chutes and accessories are the number one choice of professional ropers and top organizations. Priefert Roping Chutes are the Official Chute of the PRCA, the National Finals Rodeo, the USTRC, the World Series of Team Roping, the NTRL, the BFI, and many more major roping organizations and events, making Priefert the chute of choice when big money is on the line!
~ Features ~
- Priefert Roping Chutes and accessories are the number one choice of professional ropers and top organizations.
- The Model RC19C Competition Roping Chute is the chute used at the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo.
- Priefert Roping Chutes are the Official Chute of the PRCA, the National Finals Rodeo, the USTRC, the WSTR, the BFI, and many more major roping organizations and events.
- All Priefert roping chutes are specifically engineered to be as quiet as possible. The unique braking system used to control the front release gate is set to virtually eliminate noise prevalent with competitor chutes.
- The improved breaking system on the RC19 model reduces the need for manual adjustment to keep the break working as intended over time.
- The front release breaking system also “deadens” the gate as it pops to the fully open position, with no backlash to potentially cause the steer/calf to hesitate upon exit.
- A quiet opening chute is important so that horses can be properly trained to queue off the rider’s command and not by the sound of banging head gates.
- The easy fingertip squeeze release and spring assisted opening ensures that every roper gets the same release of the steer or calf. The squeeze action virtually eliminates the possibility of a chute operator accidently releasing a steer or calf before it is called for by the roper.
- This chute features two “reset levers,” one on each side of the chute. Simply push one of the reset levers toward the back of the chute to reset the front release gate. Then, return the lever to its original forward position before releasing the next animal.
- The RC19C features contoured sides that narrow at the bottom to discourage animals from turning around in the chute.
- Side access windows at the front of each side of the chute provide easier access for putting neck ropes onto livestock.
- The Competition Chute’s extra length allows more room for chute help that may be in the chute to “push” a steer or calf.
- With a 17” inside width at the bottom, this chute can be used for both steers and calves.
- The bottom of the chute is sheeted to reduce the possibility of leg injuries.
- The bottom sides of the chute are constructed from galvanized sheet metal to provide an additional layer of protection against rust or corrosion.
- The spilt tailgate opens from either side of the chute and operates without ropes, pulleys or knee-knocking levers.
~ Specs ~
- Overall Height: 64”
- Overall Width: 36”
- Inside Width at Top: 30”
- Inside Width at Bottom: 17”
- Overall Length: 106”
- Side access windows are 17” wide
- Weight: 493 lbs (All weights approximate)
- Color: Priefert Blue